what is it
What is an escape room or live escape game?
At first, the games type "escape from a room" (escape rooms in English) were only available in their virtual version, surely more than one of you will have ever tried a video game of this style trying to get out of a basement, a pirate ship, a haunted house, etc.
A few years ago the first adaptations of such games into real-life scenarios were born, where people, "live and direct", without a monitor and a mouse had to escape from a real room in a given time. Today there are many versions set across different scenarios and with different levels of difficulty, but the essence is the same: escape from a room, a place, etc. in 1 hour or less without using force, using logic to help you to find a way out. Participants will have to inspect all objects found in the room for clues, solve puzzles, riddles; they will not need to use physical force or have special knowledge, and use only logic, wit, abstract thought and be a good team player.
The originality of this kind of game is that one gets "inside" the story as if they were in a computer game or they were the stars of a movie, but the action takes place in a real room with real objects, and the decor is planned out down to the smallest detail so that "you believe it". Sensations are experienced much more intensely and the level of adrenaline in the blood is triggered.
XCAPATE brings you the first escape room in ALICANTE, a different leisure alternative to do in ALICANTE.
How does it work?
- You have to gather a team of 2 to 7 people.
- You come to the session that has been previously booked through our website.
- Our staff will give you all the instructions, explain the rules and solve any possible questions or doubts you may have.
- You enter the room which is locked from the outside and ... the game begins. You will have 60 minutes to solve all the puzzles and find the exit.
- Don't worry, the Game Master will be watching you all the time to help you out if you ask for help.