what is it
What is the real live escape game?
At first the “escape from a room” type games were only available virtually, and so probably more than one of you have tried these kinds of game where you have to get out of a basement, a pirate ship, a haunted house, etc.
A few years ago the first adaptations of such games into real-life scenarios were born, where people, "live and direct", without a monitor and a mouse had to escape from a real room in a given time. Today there are many versions set across different scenarios and with different levels of difficulty, but the essence is the same: escape from a room, a place, etc. in 1 hour or less without using force, using logic to help you to find a way out. Participants will have to inspect all objects found in the room for clues, solve puzzles, riddles; they will not need to use physical force or have special knowledge, and use only logic, wit, abstract thought and be a good team player.
The originality of this kind of game is that one gets "inside" the story as if they were in a computer game or they were the stars of a movie, but the action takes place in a real room with real objects, and the decor is planned out down to the smallest detail so that "you believe it". Sensations are experienced much more intensely and the level of adrenaline in the blood is triggered.
XCAPATE brings you the first real-life escape game in ALICANTE, a leisure alternative in Alicante.
How does it work?
- You have to assemble a team of 2 to 6 people.
- You come to the session that has been previously booked through our website.
- Our staff will give you all the instructions, explain the rules and solve any possible questions or doubts you may have.
- You enter the room which is locked from the outside and ... the game begins. You will have 60 minutes to solve all the puzzles and find the exit.
- Do not worry, the Administrator of the game will be observing you at all times to lend a hand if you ask for help.